I accidentally took someone else’s socks out of the dryer today when I did laundry, which means two things: they accidentally left them behind, and I didn’t check.
Gross. I threw them out. I thought for a moment to be a good person and put them back in the laundry room, but I didn’t feel like taking the elevator all the way down three floors. Fortunately, it was two matching socks, and not just one. Which means there’s no chance their owner had one, and was desperately searching for its twin. Out of sight, out of mind, I always say. I don’t actually always say that.
I’m sick, and I’ve been taking a few days to disconnect from WordPress (and from my mind) to focus on other life stuff and to rest. I’ve felt negligent. But I have some exciting ideas for future blog posts which are currently incubating in my saved drafts. I’ll take my time to write them and make them the best they can be before I publish them, but I’m really looking forward to putting them out into the world. I hope you’ll enjoy them too.
To tide you over, here are some current goings-on in my life. You know, to keep you updated.
- Current position: sitting; leftist
- Current state: alive; under the weather; Washington; solid
- Currently reading: Yes Please, by Amy Poehler; into something I said probably 6 years and 4 months ago
- Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Current weather: rainy and cool, with a chance of sarcasm (but not meatballs)
- Current favorite album: Inner Monologue Pt. 1 by Julia Michaels
- Currently watching: Will & Grace, the original series, for the millionth time over, and Homecoming
- Currently in view: my phone screen; my ceiling in the background, as I’ve changed positions since I began writing this list and am now lying down; boyfriend in left peripheral; candle burning in right peripheral
- Current (new) position: lying down; leftist still
- Currently thinking: ‘hmm, what am I currently thinking?’
- Currently wishing: that there were more hours in the day to dedicate enough time to everything and everyone
- Currently wondering: why bad people happen to good animals
- Currently dreading: having to set an alarm for tomorrow
- Currently missing: my family and hometown friends; Texas Roadhouse since they don’t exist in Seattle 😑
- Currently working on: writing a book 😄; myself; learning to code; parking effectively so I avoid getting tickets; bettering my French
- Current time: 1:21 a.m. pacific time (as of this bullet point)
- Currently craving: a good night’s rest; a milkshake
- Currently wanting: enough money to fully furnish the apartment and buy all the things
- Currently feeling: unwell; fatigued; a little homesick; lost; snackish
- Current unsavory habit(s): avoiding confrontation; frequently drinking energy drinks
- Currently proud of: myself for what I’ve accomplished, for taking back the reigns in various aspects of my life
- Currently regretting: not holding myself accountable in certain respects
- Currently planning: a trip to Denver in May, to Buffalo in July; my return to school in the next year to complete my Bachelor’s
- Currently imagining: what it will be like if/when I reach all the goals I’ve set for myself
- Current fruit of choice: Bosc pears 🍐
- Current drink of choice: limeade
- Currently driving: a 2001 Crown Victoria; myself and my boyfriend crazy probably
- Currently doing: blogging
- Currently breathing: yeah
With that, I shall leave you for the time being. I’d like to note before I go, though, that it is now 1:53 a.m., which means it took me 32 minutes to write everything between the current time bullet point, and the end of this post. Which, in turn, means that I thought long and hard about what to write, so I could share some deep, introspective ass content with you.
You’re welcome and I’ll see you next time.